We are seeking input from the scientific community on challenges, opportunities and gaps in pharmacogenomics. Please help us shape future programs in pharmacogenomics by responding to the recently published request for information (RFI). The RFI asks for your input on several topics, such as:
- Critical technological advances that can be applied to pharmacogenomics problems;
- Specific tools, resources, methods and approaches needed to enhance our molecular, genetic and biological mechanistic understanding;
- Ways to advance clinical implementation for improving health care outcomes, including safety, effectiveness, time and costs;
- Synergies that might come from a research network;
- Types of scientific endeavors that would best be funded by R01 grants in the field; and
- Additional interfaces and interactions that should be developed by NIH with other funders or organizations.
Please take the time to comment on any or all of the above topics between now and the May 17 deadline. You may respond as individuals or groups. Working together, we can help advance this research area of great scientific interest and immediate health relevance.