As announced earlier in the fiscal year, NIGMS is offering administrative supplements to NIGMS-funded R01, R35, and R37 awards for the purchase of single pieces of equipment.
The deadline for these supplement applications has been extended to June 25, 2019.
All the provisions of NOT-GM-19-013 continue to apply. Note that:
- These funds are intended for the purchase of single pieces of equipment (or a single system) with requested direct costs up to $250,000.
- The requested supplemental budget cannot exceed the total year direct cost amount of the parent award. Applications may not include requests for future year funds.
- As part of the budget justification, a statement regarding the expenditure of currently available unobligated grant funds should be included.
- Two, and only two, NIGMS grantees at the same institution with similar equipment needs are encouraged to submit separate requests with a combined budget of no more than $250,000 in direct costs. The requests should cross-reference each other, stating both grant numbers.
- Applications must be submitted to PA-18-591, “Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional).” Use the research application package labeled “FORMS-E-ADMINSUPP-RESEARCH.”
- Electronic submissions are strongly preferred for this funding opportunity.
Eligible investigators are highly encouraged to discuss potential requests with the program director of their grant before submitting an application.