The first meeting of NIGMS Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity (TWD) grantees will be held on June 12-15, 2012, in San Antonio, Texas. The meeting will provide TWD grantees with the opportunity to meet NIGMS program, review and grants management staff as well as incoming NIGMS Director Chris Kaiser.
General sessions planned for this year’s meeting include discussions about the Institute’s strategic plan for training and the vision of the new TWD division. There will also be “how to” sessions on various topics such as developing an evaluation plan, helping students transition to training programs at research-intensive institutions, and building effective business offices for managing TWD grants.
The 2012 meeting is intended for grantees of the following student and postdoctoral development programs:
- Predoctoral T32 training programs
- IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence
- Bridges to the Baccalaureate
- Bridges to the Doctorate
- Initiative for Maximizing Student Development
- Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award
- MARC Ancillary Training Activities
- MARC Undergraduate Student Training in Academic Research Award
- Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program
- Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement
Meeting registration is open until May 14, but seating is limited, so we encourage you to sign up soon.
We hope to see you in June!