NIGMS and other institutes and centers across NIH are partnering with the Office of Data Science Strategy to promote the development of a workforce with skills at the interface of information sciences, artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML), and biomedical sciences. As part of these efforts, we invite eligible institutions with NIGMS training (T32, T34), certain research education (R25), or institutional career development (K12) awards to apply for administrative supplements through NOT-OD-21-079. This funding opportunity supports the development and implementation of curricular or training activities that provide individuals with the skills to make biomedical data FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) and AI/ML-ready.
Grantees should consider the following before applying:
- Potential applicants should check the eligibility in NOT-OD-21-079.
- Eligible awards must be active on May 30, 2022, or thereafter.
- Awards in a no-cost extension are ineligible.
- Applications are due by May 14, 2021.
- Only one application will be accepted per institution. We expect institutions with two or more eligible grants to develop a single application.
- There’s a budget cap of $80,000 in direct costs per award, and the funds from the supplement must be used within 1 year from the supplement award date.
- Funds from this supplement cannot be used to support trainee stipends or tuition (T32 or T34), participant costs (R25), or scholar costs (K12).
Before applying, applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss potential requests with their NIGMS program director and to check the FAQ webpage.