UPDATE: The first bullet under the R01, R35, and R37 heading has been expanded to indicate the supplement can’t exceed the direct costs of the parent award.
We’re offering administrative supplements for equipment to select NIGMS-funded research projects, resources, centers, and core facilities. Funds are intended for the purchase of needed equipment that will enhance user access to the resource and/or the impact of the parent grant. The application deadline is March 1.
R01, R35, and R37 grantees:
- Funds are available for the purchase of single equipment systems with requested direct costs up to $250,000, as long as it doesn’t exceed the direct costs of the parent award.
R15 and R16 grantees:
- Funds are available for the purchase of single equipment systems with requested direct costs up to $100,000.
- Supplement awards may provide support above the established program budget limits for the parent grant award.
Eligible grantees from NIGMS centers, resources, and core facilities listed in the notice:
- Application budgets are not limited, but we anticipate most awards will not exceed $250,000.
- Applicants considering requests for equipment exceeding $250,000 are strongly encouraged to contact their program officer at least 2 weeks prior to submitting the application to discuss the request.
Only single requests are permitted; linked requests from two or more NIGMS grantees with similar equipment needs are not allowed. Eligible investigators are strongly encouraged to discuss potential requests with the program officer of the parent award before applying. Please consult NOT-GM-22-017 for more information and instructions on the application process.