UPDATE: The first bullet under the R01, R35, and R37 heading has been expanded to indicate the supplement can’t exceed the direct costs of the parent award.
We’re offering administrative supplements for equipment to select NIGMS-funded research projects, resources, centers, and core facilities. Funds are intended for the purchase of needed equipment that will enhance user access to the resource and/or the impact of the parent grant. The application deadline is March 1.
R01, R35, and R37 grantees:
- Funds are available for the purchase of single equipment systems with requested direct costs up to $250,000, as long as it doesn’t exceed the direct costs of the parent award.
R15 and R16 grantees:
- Funds are available for the purchase of single equipment systems with requested direct costs up to $100,000.
- Supplement awards may provide support above the established program budget limits for the parent grant award.
Eligible grantees from NIGMS centers, resources, and core facilities listed in the notice:
- Application budgets are not limited, but we anticipate most awards will not exceed $250,000.
- Applicants considering requests for equipment exceeding $250,000 are strongly encouraged to contact their program officer at least 2 weeks prior to submitting the application to discuss the request.
Only single requests are permitted; linked requests from two or more NIGMS grantees with similar equipment needs are not allowed. Eligible investigators are strongly encouraged to discuss potential requests with the program officer of the parent award before applying. Please consult NOT-GM-22-017 for more information and instructions on the application process.
6 Replies to “NIGMS Administrative Supplements for Equipment”
Thank you for the announcement. Are there any NIGMS Administrative Supplements available for active R44’s?
This particular announcement does not include SBIRS/STTRs. Please see PA-20-272: Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants, which includes SBIRS, and speak with the program officer on your grant prior to submission of any application.
If a prior equipment supplement has been awarded for a particular grant, would another equipment supplement be eligible for funding if submitted?
Another equipment supplement on a given parent grant would be potentially eligible for funding. However, if there has already been an equipment supplement awarded on that parent grant during that fiscal year, the second equipment supplement request may have lower priority.
When we are starting the proposal in grants.gov do we pick the research package (correlating with the R01) or the instrumental package. We know we have to use PA-20-272, but just want to make sure we pick the correct package.
From the FOA PA-20-272, “If presented with more than one form package, use the Competition ID and Competition Titles provided to determine the most appropriate application forms package for your situation. Administrative supplement requests for multi-project activity codes must be submitted electronically using a single-project application form package.”
If you need further assistance finding the Competition ID or Competition Titles, I suggest contacting support at https://www.grants.gov/support.html.