UPDATE: To join this meeting, visit Webinar on Administrative Supplements to T32 Grants, PA-16-060 and click “OK.” The site is compatible with mobile devices. For a voice-only presentation, call 1-888-469-2151 from anywhere in the United States or Canada and enter the access code 8911526.
We’ll field your questions about the recently announced Availability of Administrative Supplements to NIGMS Predoctoral Training Grants during a webinar on Monday, Feb. 8, from 3:15-4:15 p.m. EST. Details about how to access the webinar online will be available soon. You can send questions to me ahead of time.
Since announcing this funding opportunity, we’ve received many inquiries. The following points address most of the common questions:
- The supplement is designed to provide support for the development and implementation of curricular activities aimed at providing graduate students with a strong foundation in research design and methods in areas related to conducting reproducible and rigorous research.
- To be eligible, your training grant must be active through at least June 30, 2018. Thus, training grants that might have received outstanding priority scores and are expected to be renewed effective July 1, 2016, are NOT eligible.
- Institutions that received awards under PA-15-136 for the development and implementation of curricular activities on rigor and reproducibility or rigor and reproducibility combined with exposure to multiple research careers are also NOT eligible to apply. However, institutions that received awards for the development and implementation of curricular activities designed to expose students to multiple research careers are eligible.
- Only one application will be accepted per institution. We expect institutions with two or more NIGMS predoctoral training grants to cooperate to develop curricula that are broadly applicable to their trainees.
- There’s a budget cap of $80,000 in direct costs per award for one year of support, and the funds from the supplement must be expended during the 12-month budget period of the award.
- Funds from the supplement cannot be used to support additional trainee slots.
Applications are due by March 31, 2016.
We look forward to talking with you and providing additional information during the webinar next month.