Are you applying for the NIGMS Predoctoral Institutional Research Training Grant (T32) – PAR-17-341? If so, it’s important you note revisions to our FOA instructions that clarify application requirements. We have also added a new requirement concerning institutional responsibilities related to harassment. We encourage you to read the full NIH Guide notice, published on August 23, 2018. Key points include:
- Institutional support letter:
- The support letter must provide information about institutional policies and procedures to prevent discriminatory harassment and to respond appropriately to such allegations. (Note: NIGMS will include this requirement in all training FOAs.)
- All information regarding institutional commitment must be found in a single letter not to exceed 10 pages; applications that distribute the institutional commitment information among multiple letters will be considered non-compliant and will be withdrawn.
- Data tables: Applications that do not contain the required Training Data Tables for new applications, or contain additional tables in this attachment, will be considered non-compliant and will not be reviewed.
- Appendix: For the “Courses, Electives and Training Activities” appendix, the instructions are revised to clarify that a total four items are allowed in this category.
All other aspects of this FOA remain the same. Please direct any questions to Shiva Singh.